Replace Missing or Damaged Teeth with Dental Implants
More and more people are opting for dental implants to replace missing teeth. These surgically implanted tooth prosthetics look like natural teeth and can be used to replace one, two, or many teeth. They can even help comfortably anchor dentures. Because they are anchored in and integrate into the jaw, implants feel and act like natural teeth. There is no slippage, no fear of breakage, and best of all, they are comfortable!
According the American Dental Association, three million people (and growing) have dental implants. This multi-step process usually takes about six to nine months to complete. It begins with the insertion of a titanium rod in the gum and bone. This rod acts as a root for a crown, which is placed at a later date. The rod fuses to the bone over several months. This makes the implant secure and permanent.
Advantages to Dental Implants
• Improved appearance. Dental implants look and feel like your own teeth. And because they are designed to fuse with bone, they become permanent.
• Improved speech.
• Improved comfort. Because they become part of you, implants eliminate the discomfort of removable dentures.
• Easier eating. Dental implants function like your own teeth, allowing you to eat your favorite foods with confidence and without pain.
• Durability. Implants are very durable and will last many years. With good care, many implants last a lifetime.
• Convenience. Dental implants eliminate the embarrassing inconvenience of removing dentures, as well as the need for messy adhesives to keep them in place.
To find out if you are a candidate for dental implants, give us a call today to schedule your smile consultation.
Did You Know?
Dental Implants do not need to be removed for cleaning and can be brushed and cleaned just like natural teeth. With proper care, dental implants can last a lifetime.
Dental Implants can be used to secure loose fitting dentures and to improve the function of your smile.