Infection Prevention and Control Guidelines
“The Infection Prevention and Control Guidelines provide Dental Health Care Providers with the knowledge of principles and standards to inform and properly implement necessary infection prevention and control measures in a safe and effective manner. “
Infection controls and universal precautions protect patients and staff alike. Everyone benefits from rigorous infection control — you, your dentist, and the dental team. The cornerstone in a good and safe dental practice is the element of trust. You should feel free to discuss this topic with Dr. Elvis Filo or Dr. Alborz Hormoz. Our doctors and our entire team follow procedures recommended by several federal and provincial agencies: Canada Occupational Health and Safety Agency (OH&S), Ontario Public Health Unit and Health Canada.
These measures include:
- Disinfectant hand soap.
- Gloves, face masks and eye protection.
- Chemical disinfection of counter tops and surfaces.
- Sterilization of all equipment before every use.
- Disposable materials.
- Use of barriers on all on work surfaces.
- We sterilize all reusable equipment, including dental hand pieces. We use autoclaves, devices that kills bacteria and viruses by steam, heat and pressure.
Kay Dental Care takes pride in following and maintaining a safe environment for all our patients.